One of three original trail systems of the HMT, Rockhouse is a favorite of many trail riding enthusiasts from around the world and many say that as far as OHV trails go, the Rockhouse trail system has it all!
Most notably, Rockhouse offers…….
* Over 100 miles of trails when all are open to the public
* More than 200 plus miles of trail when including the connecting trails of Devil Anse and Buffalo Mountain
* Great balance of trail mileage for novice, intermediate, and advance skill level riders
* Plenty of miles of great trails for each of the following user groups: SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes
* Great destination for a 1 day or multi day adventure
* Lots of lodging options to choose from in all categories, group sizes and price ranges
* A staffed trailhead near Man, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Trail user permits are available at the trailheads from 9 AM to 2 PM each day of the week
* A community connector to the town of Gilbert, WV
* Amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs and more are easily accessible from both the Trailhead in Man and Gilbert Connector
* Activities such as visiting the historical Hatfield Cemetery, R.D. Bailey Lake, and LJH Community Center
* The town of Gilbert is host to the National Trailfest event held each October
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* Use caution when attempting to ride multiple trail systems in a single day as all Hatfield-McCoy trails are closed to the public after dark
* Note that this trail is not currently open to the 4×4 user groupBook Now!
DifficultyClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- Staffed trailhead
- On-site restrooms
- Permit and Merchandise Sales
83 Rockhouse Creek Rd.
Man, WV, 25635
GPS: Lat 37.726389 Log -81.88371Get Directions
Trail Updates for Tuesday, Jan 16
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Rockhouse trail system today.
See an issue on the Rockhouse Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Permits are required to access the Rockhouse Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.