Pocahontas is the eastern-most trail connection to the Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek trails. This system is also the most eastern trail of all the HM trails and located near Bluefield, WV and interstate I-77 which is a main route for travelers on the east coast. The trailhead for Pocahontas is located in the historic town of Bramwell, which lies just on the West Virginia-Virgina State line. Pocahontas does not offer a staffed trailhead but does offer a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors. User trail permits may be purchased at nearby businesses.
* Approximately 50 miles of trail when all are open to the public
* Combined with the Indian Ridge and Pinnacle Creek trails, the three trail system network offers nearly 200 miles of riding adventure
* Trails open to all skill levels of riders including novice, intermediate, and advance level trail riders who wish to ride between the three trail systems
* Trails open to user groups of dirt bikes, SxS, and ATVs
* Some lodging options to choose from in various categories, group sizes and price ranges.
* A non-staffed trailhead located in Bramwell, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs and are accessible near the trailhead and in the town of Bramwell
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* User trail permits are not available for purchase at the Pocahontas trailhead but may be available at nearby businesses
* Use caution when attempting to ride multiple trail systems in a single day as all Hatfield-McCoy trails are closed to the public after dark
* Note that this trail is not currently open to the 4×4 user group
174 Simmons Avenue
Bramwell, WV 24715
GPS: Lat 37.330275 Long -81.30719499Get Directions
Trail Updates for Tuesday, Mar 31
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Pocahontas trail system today.
See an issue on the Pocahontas Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Giving You the Power to Own the Trails
Ride Hatfield-McCoy is proud to endorse the RIDE COMMAND™ App! This trails app allows you to track friends on the trails, record your favorite rides, find points of interest, and more. Learn More
Pocahontas: Difficulty BreakdownClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- On-site restrooms
Permits are required to access the Pocahontas Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.