Pinnacle Creek, located just outside the town of Pineville WV opened to the public in 2004. This trail system is most notably the western most connection to the Indian Ridge and Pocahontas trails. Pinnacle Creek is a fan-favorite to many riders who enjoy its scenic qualities such as its scenic vistas, trail surrounded rhododendrons, and the Pinnacle Creek tributary which runs near the trail.
Pinnacle Creek offers…….
* Approximately 60 miles of trail when all are open to the public
* Combined with the Indian Ridge and Pocahontas trails, the three trail system network offers nearly 200 miles of riding adventure
* Trails open to all skill levels of riders including novice, intermediate, and advance level trail riders who wish to ride between the three trail systems
* Trails open to user groups of Dirt Bikes, SxS, and ATVs
* Some lodging options to choose from in various categories, group sizes and price ranges.
* A staffed trailhead just outside the town of Pineville, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Trail user permits are available at the trailhead from 9 AM to 2 PM each day of the week
* A community connector to the town of Pineville, WV which offers amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs, and more
* User Trail Permits are available for purchase at the trailhead as well as some nearby businesses
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* Use caution when attempting to ride multiple trail systems in a single day as all Hatfield-McCoy trails are closed to the public after dark
* Note that this trail currently does not offer trails open to the 4×4 user group
2733 Pinnacle Creek Rd
Pineville, WV 24874
GPS: Lat 37.55580 Long -81.50793Get Directions
Trail Updates for Wednesday, Jan 22
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Pinnacle Creek trail system today.
See an issue on the Pinnacle Creek Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Giving You the Power to Own the Trails
Ride Hatfield-McCoy is proud to endorse the RIDE COMMAND™ App! This trails app allows you to track friends on the trails, record your favorite rides, find points of interest, and more. Learn More
Pinnacle Creek: Difficulty BreakdownClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- Staffed trailhead
- On-site restrooms
- Permit and Merchandise Sales
Permits are required to access the Pinnacle Creek Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.