Open in October, 2000, the Buffalo Mountain trail system is one of three original trail systems of the Hatfield-McCoy. Buffalo Mountain sets itself apart from other HM Trails as having the most dirt bike or single track mileage/number of trails of all the HMT systems. Combined with the connecting Devil Anse and Rockhouse systems, this three-trail combination offers something for every rider’s level of skill. The connection between the Buffalo Mountain and Devil Anse trails also offers the closest historical ties to the infamous Hatfield McCoy Feud.
Most notably, Buffalo Mountain offers…….
* Nearly 60 miles of trails when all are open to the public
* More than 150 additional miles when including the connecting trails of Devil Anse and Rockhouse
* Much like Rockhouse, this trail has a great balance in mileage for novice, intermediate, and advance skill level riders
* Plenty of miles of great trails for each of the following user groups: SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes
* Great destination for a 1 day or multi day adventure
* Most miles of Dirt Bike or Single Track trails
* Plenty of lodging options to choose from in all categories, group sizes and price ranges
* A staffed trailhead near Williamson, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Trail user permits are available at the trailhead from 9 AM to 2 PM each day of the week
* Amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs and more are easily accessible near the Trailhead outside of Williamson and the Williamson Connector
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* Use caution when attempting to ride multiple trail systems in a single day as all Hatfield-McCoy trails are closed to the public after dark
* Note that this trail is not currently open to the 4×4 user groupBook Now!
DifficultyClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- Staffed trailhead
- On-site restrooms
- Permit and Merchandise Sales
34 Oakwood Heights Road
Williamson, WV 25661
GPS: Lat 37.70070 Long -82.21320Get Directions
Trail Updates for Tuesday, Jan 16
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Buffalo Mountain trail system today.
See an issue on the Buffalo Mountain Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Permits are required to access the Buffalo Mountain Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.