Bearwallow, located in Logan WV, is THE one and only Hatfield-McCoy Trail destination currently open to the 4×4 enthusiast. Bearwallow offers trails open to all off-road user groups including: 4×4, SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes. This trail system is also located just at the foothills of the historic Battle of Blair Mountain site.
Most notably, Bearwallow offers…….
* Approximately 70 miles of trails when all are open to the public
* Trail mileage for novice, intermediate, and advance skill level riders
* Miles of trails for each of the following user groups: 4×4, SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes
* Great destination for a 1 day or multi day adventure
* Some lodging options to choose from in various categories, group sizes and price ranges
* A staffed trailhead in Ethel, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Trail user permits are available at the trailhead from 9 AM to 2 PM each day of the week
* A community connector to the town of Logan, WV and direct riding through Logan to the Fountain Place Mall, Country Roads Visitors Center, and Southern West Virginia Community College
* Amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs and more are easily accessible by the community connector in the town of Logan, WV
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* Note that the Bearwallow trails do not have a direct connection to other trail systems
247 Bearwallow Dr.
Ethel, WV 25076
GPS: Lat 37.85384 Long -81.93193Get Directions
Trail Updates for Wednesday, Sep 18
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Bearwallow trail system today.
See an issue on the Bearwallow Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Giving You the Power to Own the Trails
Ride Hatfield-McCoy is proud to endorse the RIDE COMMAND™ App! This trails app allows you to track friends on the trails, record your favorite rides, find points of interest, and more. Learn More
Bearwallow: Difficulty BreakdownClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- Staffed trailhead
- On-site restrooms
- Permit and Merchandise Sales
Permits are required to access the Bearwallow Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.