Bearwallow, located in Logan WV, is THE one and only Hatfield-McCoy Trail destination currently open to the 4×4 enthusiast. Bearwallow offers trails open to all off-road user groups including: 4×4, SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes. This trail system is also located just at the foothills of the historic Battle of Blair Mountain site.
Most notably, Bearwallow offers…….
* Approximately 70 miles of trails when all are open to the public
* Trail mileage for novice, intermediate, and advance skill level riders
* Miles of trails for each of the following user groups: 4×4, SxS, ATV, and Dirt Bikes
* Great destination for a 1 day or multi day adventure
* Some lodging options to choose from in various categories, group sizes and price ranges
* A staffed trailhead in Ethel, WV with a large parking lot and restrooms for day visitors
* Trail user permits are available at the trailhead from 9 AM to 2 PM each day of the week
* A community connector to the town of Logan, WV and direct riding through Logan to the Fountain Place Mall, Country Roads Visitors Center, and Southern West Virginia Community College
* Amenities such as food, gas, lodging, souvenirs and more are easily accessible by the community connector in the town of Logan, WV
Visitors to this trails should also…..
* Note that the Bearwallow trails do not have a direct connection to other trail systems
247 Bearwallow Dr.
Ethel, WV 25076
GPS: Lat 37.85384 Long -81.93193Get Directions
Trail Updates for Tuesday, Jul 7
You're good to go! There are no updates for the Bearwallow trail system today.
See an issue on the Bearwallow Trail System? Call 1-833-RIDE-HMT and let us know.
Giving You the Power to Own the Trails
Ride Hatfield-McCoy is proud to endorse the RIDE COMMAND™ App! This trails app allows you to track friends on the trails, record your favorite rides, find points of interest, and more. Learn More
Bearwallow: Difficulty BreakdownClick here for an explanation of these difficulty ratings.
- 2+ acre parking lot
- Staffed trailhead
- On-site restrooms
- Permit and Merchandise Sales
Permits are required to access the Bearwallow Trail System. Permits are valid for a full calendar year and provide access to all Hatfield-McCoy Trail systems.